Morning, Tuesday, 21st January 2020
THIS EVENT IS CPD CERTIFIED
This conference focuses on the implementation of the revised Audiovisual Media Services Directive (AVMSD) in the UK - with discussion on:
- The likely impact on stakeholders;
- Provisions for protecting children and other consumers of audiovisual media; and
- The UK’s regulatory position post-Brexit.
- Luboš Kukliš, Chair, European Regulators Group for Audiovisual Media Services;
- Kathleen Stewart, Head of International Broadcast Policy, DCMS;
- Tony Close, Director, Content Standards, Licensing and Enforcement, Ofcom; and
- Helen Keefe, Head of International Policy, BBC.
- The AVMSD: key objectives of the revision and next steps for implementation;
- Where next for audiovisual media policy in the UK;
- The way forward for the regulation of video-sharing online - proportionality, effectiveness, and enforcement;
- Assessing the potential impact of the Directive:
- European works and the UK - production, access, funding and prominence;
- A sustainable future for the independent film and television production sector;
- New obligations to protect consumers from harmful content;
- Advertising restrictions around content aimed at children, sponsorship, and the revised proposals on product placement;
- Monitoring interpretation and application of the Directive and new developments in the audiovisual sector; and
- The UK’s regulatory position post-Brexit - the degree of alignment between domestic regulation and the Directive, and the implications of divergence.