Morning, Friday, 30th September 2022
This conference will discuss the future development of water markets in England.
It takes place at an important time for the industry as it awaits the publication of Ofwat’s Price Review 2024. A draft methodology is expected to be published in July 2022.
Delegates will look at latest thinking on priorities for the sector in terms of environmental concerns, changing consumer demands and affordability challenges across the utility sector.
Sessions on the agenda look at:
- the forthcoming PR24 draft methodology - taking in key stakeholder responses to the framework
- environmental obligations - the role of water companies in reducing pollution and contamination of rivers and streams, protecting biodiversity and preserving habitats
- infrastructure development - including priorities for surface water management, flood prevention, leakage and metering
- innovation - responding to the impacts of climate change and changing consumer demands
- regulation and policy priorities - including long-term decarbonisation plans, affordability guidelines and security of supply obligations
We are pleased to be able to include keynote sessions with Aileen Armstrong, Senior Director, Ofwat, and a senior speaker confirmed from the Environment Agency.
The conference will be an opportunity for stakeholders to consider the issues alongside key policy officials who are due to attend from the CCC; and the DIT.