Morning, Friday, 15th November 2019
Institution of Mechanical Engineers, One Birdcage Walk, London SW1H 9JJ
THIS EVENT IS CPD CERTIFIED
This conference focuses on the next steps for UK rail infrastructure.
The conference will provide an opportunity to assess:
- Control Period 6 (CP6) - issues for delivery of identified priorities;
- Finance of rail infrastructure; and
- Devolution and increased regional-based decision-making.
Speakers and participation by policy officials
Keynote contributions from Darren Caplan, Chief Executive, Railway Industry Association; Rabih Arzouni, Chief Technology Officer, Transport, Fujitsu and Richard Mann, Senior Rail Programme Manager, Midlands Connect Project Team.
Further speakers: AECOM; Burges Salmon; the Freight Transport Association; Liverpool City Region Combined Authority and Merseytravel; the National Skills Academy for Rail; Office of Rail and Road; RMT and Transport Focus.
This Westminster Energy, Environment & Transport Forum conference has attracted particularly strong interest from policymakers. It will be an opportunity for stakeholders to engage with officials who have reserved places representing: the BEIS; DCMS; DIT; DfT; Government Legal Department; HMRC; NAO and ORR.
- Delivering rail infrastructure - industry priorities;
- Closing the gap between track and train;
- A network that works for users - infrastructure priorities for freight services, addressing passenger satisfaction rates, improving safety and operating the network;
- Developing an intelligent system - the digital railway, ticketing and maintaining infrastructure;
- Future-proofing the rail network across the UK - increasing capacity, improving efficiency and new innovation;
- Midlands Rail Hub - linking to HS2, connecting city economies; and
- Delivering rail improvements through CP6 - future funding, regulation and opportunities for devolution