Morning, Tuesday, 21st April 2020
THIS EVENT IS CPD CERTIFIED
***Taking Place Online***
This conference examines the way forward for funding and development of the local road network, and what more should be done to ensure it is prepared for future challenges.
It will be an opportunity for stakeholders and policymakers to discuss how local transport links are being prioritised in the Government’s ambitious infrastructure policy programme, and key issues for implementation.
- Funding and maintenance - next steps for local roads;
- Priorities for road users, reducing congestion and boosting local connectivity;
- Supporting investment in the local road network and ensuring value for money;
- Developing local roads - improving coordination across local and national government, connecting with public transport systems and supporting economic growth;
- City region road networks - stakeholder collaboration and integration between strategic and local roads, serving changing demand, and engaging in the decarbonisation agenda;
- The future of the local road network - innovation in road maintenance, enhancing climate resilience, and future-proofing road design.
Why this is relevant: the context:
It takes place with:
- Government plans to improve road journeys with investment of £28.8bn in local and strategic roads; and
- Plans to provide £93.4m to local authorities to tackle pinch points within local road networks.
Policy officials attending
Our forums are known for attracting strong interest from policymakers and stake holders. Places at this one have been reserved by officials from the Department for International Trade; Department for Transport and the Office of Rail and Road - along with a range of stakeholders.
This conference will be online***
- speakers presenting via webcam, accompanied by slides if they wish
- opportunities for delegate questions and comments
- a permanent record of the proceedings will be made available to all delegates afterwards, including a recording of the addresses, all slides that have been made available, and further materials
Full information and guidance on how to take part will be sent to delegates before the conference