Morning, Wednesday, 12th January 2022
***Full-scale policy conference taking place online***
This conference will examine the future of the Teaching Excellence and Student Outcomes Framework (TEF) and the measurement of teaching excellence in higher education.
It comes as the Office for Students (OfS) develops proposals for consultation on the future TEF framework, expected this autumn, as well as the return of students following the pandemic - alongside questions around the teaching and learning experience of remote and blended provision and continued calls for a complete resumption of in-person studies.
We are pleased to be able to include keynote sessions with Graeme Rosenberg, TEF Manager, Office for Students.
Attendees will have the opportunity to look at:
- latest thinking on the development of the new TEF framework
- OfS proposals for what the future TEF will look like and priorities for its implementation
- the future role of the TEF in improvement
- how to enhance its utility for providers and students
Our forums are known for attracting strong interest from policymakers and stakeholders. Places have been reserved by officials from the Welsh Government. Also due to attend are representatives from Aston University; Norwich University of the Arts; and University of Edinburgh.
Overall, we expect speakers and attendees to be a senior and informed group including Members both houses of Parliament, assembly members, senior government officials and regulators involved in higher education, university and college leaders, higher education professionals, student representatives, careers advisers, businesses and their advisors, representatives of citizen and interest groups, academics, and reporters from the national and specialist media.
This is a full-scale conference taking place online***
- full, four-hour programme including comfort breaks - you’ll also get a full recording and transcript to refer back to
- information-rich discussion involving key policymakers and stakeholders
- conference materials provided in advance, including speaker biographies
- speakers presenting via webcam, accompanied by slides if they wish, using the Cisco WebEx professional online conference platform (easy for delegates - we’ll provide full details)
- opportunities for live delegate questions and comments with all speakers
- a recording of the addresses, all slides cleared by speakers, and further materials are made available to all delegates afterwards as a permanent record of the proceedings
- delegates are able to add their own written comments and articles following the conference, to be distributed to all attendees and more widely
- networking too - there will be opportunities for delegates to e-meet and interact - we’ll tell you how!
Full information and guidance on how to take part will be sent to delegates before the conference