Morning, Tuesday, 8th February 2022
This conference is bringing together key stakeholders and policymakers to consider the next steps for UK spectrum policy and regulation.
Overall, sessions in the agenda will look at:
- Ofcom’s spectrum management strategy - including a keynote session with Justin Moore, Principal Policy Advisor, Ofcom
- spectrum sharing - opportunities, commercial and knowledge exchange relationships, as well as priorities for innovation, technology, and the use of data analysis
- licensing and regulation - local access, allocation flexibility, coverage, and accommodating the growing diversity of wireless services
- innovation - realising the potential of 5G and identifying future spectrum use cases, supporting R&D, early availability of spectrum, and influencing international standards
- policy - priorities for future allocation and regulation - including a keynote session with Ed Freeman, Head of Domestic Spectrum Policy, Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport
The discussion takes place in the context of Supporting the UK’s wireless future, the 5G Testbeds and Trials Programme and the 5G Supply Chain Diversification Strategy.
The discussion is bringing together stakeholders with key policy officials who are due to attend from BEIS; Ofcom; the DCMS; UK Space Agency; the Cabinet Office; DfT; DIT; the Government Legal Department; the Home Office; the Isle Of Man Government; The Scottish Government; and the Welsh Government - as well as parliamentary pass-holders from the House of Commons.