Morning, Thursday, 6th October 2022
This conference will examine the future of school buildings and development of the schools estate in England.
It will discuss improvement of estate quality, land acquisition and the school buildings market.
The conference is also an opportunity for delegates to assess the rollout and implementation so far of the Government’s 10-year school rebuilding programme, with 100 projects currently underway and another 300 schools expected to join in 2022-23.
Areas for discussion include:
- school rebuilding programme - schools most in need - lessons so far
- sustainability and relevance - ensuring new facilities are relevant in the long term - effective digital infrastructure - energy efficient buildings - environmental impact of the schools estate - role in contributing to net-zero
- school buildings market - land acquisition
- benefits of improved facilities - impact on educational outcomes - teaching quality
- community - use of the schools estate outside school hours
- schools outside the programme - attracting capital funding
We are pleased to be able to include keynote sessions with Robert Gould, Partner, Barker Associates; and Fellow, Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors; Jane Balderstone, Programme Director, School Rebuilding, Department for Education; Rory Kennedy, Director, Capital, Department for Education; and Lara Newman, Chief Executive, LocatED.