Morning, Friday, 6th May 2022
The conference will examine priorities for developing the UK’s research workforce. The discussion takes place in the context of the Government’s UK Innovation Strategy and R&D people and culture strategy.
We are pleased to be able to include a keynote contribution from Professor Melanie Welham, Executive Chair, Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council; and People and Culture Champion, UKRI.
Areas for discussion include:
- widening pathways into research
- tackling skills mismatches and shortages, and strategies for filling high-demand roles
- developing the skills of current staff
- putting in place positive research cultures, and improving diversity and inclusion
- policy priorities for developing the workforce within UK research and innovation