Morning, Wednesday, 25th March 2020
THIS EVENT IS CPD CERTIFIED
This conference will look at priorities for science and innovation investment and policy reform.
Sessions in the agenda include:
- The way forward for science and innovation funding;
- The UK’s future role within the international science and innovation community;
- Priorities for science spending - current and new public funding streams, leveraging private and third sector investment, and where Britain can lead on emerging technologies;
- Protecting the content of research in an open research landscape;
- Maximising the UK research base commercially - improving IP management, supporting spin-outs and overcoming barriers to strengthened university-industry partnerships; and
- Priorities for supporting continued and investment and innovation in STEM research.
There will be keynote contributions from:
- Mike Biddle, Programme Director, Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund, Innovate UK - discussing the policy priorities for building on the Industrial Strategy to improve the UK’s capacity for science and innovation research and investment; and
- Pippa Hall, Director of Innovation and Chief Economist, IPO - examining the priorities for STEM research institutions to protect the value and individuality of their research as the UK and international research community move towards an open research model.