Afternoon, Wednesday, 20th October 2021
***Full-scale policy conference taking place online***
This conference will be a timely opportunity to examine the Government’s Online Advertising Programme - which is considering the current framework for regulating online advertising and fraudulent, misleading, or harmful content - as well as priorities for ongoing work to ensure the regulation of online advertising is reflective of the evolving digital market.
We are delighted to be able to include keynote addresses from:
- Guy Parker, Chief Executive Officer, Advertising Standards Authority
- Ruth Wye, Head of Online Advertising Programme, Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport
Our forums are known for attracting strong interest from policymakers and stakeholders. Places have been reserved by officials from BEIS; the Competition and Markets Authority; the Department of Digital, Culture, Media & Sport; the Department of Health and Social Care; the Information Commissioner's Office; Ofcom; and the Office for Product Safety and Standards. Also due to attend are representatives from Airbnb UK; Alcohol Focus Scotland; Amazon UK; Analysys Mason; Arqiva; Bates Wells Braithwaite London; Better Collective; BGL Group; BPI; BT; Burges Salmon; CMS Cameron McKenna Nabarro Olswang; Discovery; dmgmedia; Frontier Economics; Google; Herbert Smith Freehills; IOP Publishing; ISBA; Lewis Silkin; Macmillan Cancer Support; Omnicom Media Group UK; Pinsent Masons; Reynolds Porter Chamberlain; Russells Solicitors; Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe; TikTok; UK Finance; and University of Essex.
Press passes have been reserved by representatives from TechCrunch and The Complaining Cow.
Overall, we expect speakers and attendees to be a senior and informed group including Members of both Houses of Parliament, senior government and regulatory officials involved in this area of policy, as well as from advertisers, marketers and brands, their suppliers and advisors, publishers, media owners and media buyers, companies from across the digital advertising ecosystem, organisations and individuals representing the views of citizens and consumers, legal and financial professionals; academics and commentators, together with reporters from the national and specialist media.
This is a full-scale conference taking place online***
- full, four-hour programme including comfort breaks - you’ll also get a full recording and transcript to refer back to
- information-rich discussion involving key policymakers and stakeholders
- conference materials provided in advance, including speaker biographies
- speakers presenting via webcam, accompanied by slides if they wish, using the Cisco WebEx professional online conference platform (easy for delegates - we’ll provide full details)
- opportunities for live delegate questions and comments with all speakers
- a recording of the addresses, all slides cleared by speakers, and further materials are made available to all delegates afterwards as a permanent record of the proceedings
- delegates are able to add their own written comments and articles following the conference, to be distributed to all attendees and more widely
- networking too - there will be opportunities for delegates to e-meet and interact - we’ll tell you how!
Full information and guidance on how to take part will be sent to delegates before the conference