Morning, Wednesday, 20th October 2021
***Full-scale policy conference taking place online***
This conference will be a timely opportunity to consider the Government’s Online Advertising Programme - considering the current framework for regulating online advertising and fraudulent, misleading, or harmful content - and priorities for ongoing work to ensure the regulation of online advertising is reflective of the evolving digital market.
We are delighted to be able to include a keynote address from Guy Parker, Chief Executive Officer, Advertising Standards Authority.
Sessions in the agenda are structured to bring out latest thinking on:
- the future regulation of the online advertising market - fine-tuning current regulatory remedies, and looking at how regulators including ASA, Ofcom, and the FCA are working together
- the role of platforms in moderating content - developing collaboration between platforms, regulators, and influencers to improve regulatory compliance
- tackling misleading, inaccurate, or harmful online advertising content - both on platforms and online more widely, looking at priorities for improving monitoring and reporting, and ensuring effectiveness in enforcement
- priorities for taking forward the DCMS’ Online Advertising Programme - developing a coherent consumer protection framework, and ensuring that the regulatory system fosters fair, transparent, and ethical online advertising that works for citizens, businesses, and society as a whole
Our forums are known for attracting strong interest from policymakers and stakeholders. Places have been reserved by officials from BEIS; the Department of Digital, Culture, Media & Sport; Ofcom; and the Office for Product Safety and Standards. Also due to attend are representatives from Airbnb UK; Burges Salmon; CMS Cameron McKenna Nabarro Olswang; Google; IOP Publishing; Lewis Silkin; Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe; and UK Finance.
A press pass has been reserved by a representative from TechCrunch.
Overall, we expect speakers and attendees to be a senior and informed group including Members of both Houses of Parliament, senior government and regulatory officials involved in this area of policy, as well as from advertisers, marketers and brands, their suppliers and advisors, publishers, media owners and media buyers, companies from across the digital advertising ecosystem, organisations and individuals representing the views of citizens and consumers, legal and financial professionals; academics and commentators, together with reporters from the national and specialist media.
This is a full-scale conference taking place online***
- full, four-hour programme including comfort breaks - you’ll also get a full recording and transcript to refer back to
- information-rich discussion involving key policymakers and stakeholders
- conference materials provided in advance, including speaker biographies
- speakers presenting via webcam, accompanied by slides if they wish, using the Cisco WebEx professional online conference platform (easy for delegates - we’ll provide full details)
- opportunities for live delegate questions and comments with all speakers
- a recording of the addresses, all slides cleared by speakers, and further materials, is made available to all delegates afterwards as a permanent record of the proceedings
- delegates are able to add their own written comments and articles following the conference, to be distributed to all attendees and more widely
- networking too - there will be opportunities for delegates to e-meet and interact - we’ll tell you how!
Full information and guidance on how to take part will be sent to delegates before the conference