Morning, Friday, 17th June 2022
This conference focuses on priorities for developing the UK nuclear sector - including finance and investment across the nuclear industry, as well as looking at innovation, AMR and SMR design developments and new builds.
It will be a timely opportunity to discuss The Nuclear Financing Bill which is currently progressing through parliament - and also follows the British Energy Security Strategy which outlines plans for building up to eight new nuclear reactors to reduce the UK’s exposure to volatile global gas prices.
Areas for discussion include:
- innovation - and further SMR and AMR deployment across the UK
- energy security - national security, and wider legal and regulatory issues
- taxonomy - how nuclear is classified alongside other technologies in the UK
- energy security - the role of nuclear in mitigating market and consumer price volatility for the UK
- wider impact - the nuclear industry’s role in supporting job creation and skills development
We are pleased to be able to include keynote sessions with Declan Burke, Director, Nuclear Projects and Developments, BEIS; Tom Greatrex, Chief Executive, Nuclear Industry Association; Julia Pyke, Director of Finance and Economic Regulation, Sizewell C; and Tom Samson, Chief Executive Officer, Rolls-Royce SMR.
The conference will be an opportunity for stakeholders to consider the issues alongside key policy officials who are due to attend from BEIS; DIT; DfT; GLD; NIRO; The Planning Inspectorate; UKSA; DAERA, NI; The Scottish Government; and the Welsh Government - as well as parliamentary pass-holders from the House of Lords.