Morning, Thursday, 20th January 2022
***Full-scale policy conference taking place online***
This conference will examine policy priorities for the Northern Powerhouse going forward and the impact of the Government’s proposed Levelling Up White Paper.
It will be a timely opportunity to discuss how key issues are tackled in the white paper and what is needed to deliver on the needs of the Northern Powerhouse in terms of supporting economic growth and the development of pan-regional and city-region infrastructure.
Delegates will also consider next steps for the region more broadly, and linking with broader policy developments such as the National Infrastructure Strategy, the UK Innovation Strategy, and the role of boosting devolution.
We are pleased to be able to include a keynote contribution from Henri Murrison, Director, Northern Powerhouse Partnership.
Overall, the agenda will bring out latest thinking on:
- driving economic development and recovery in the region
- engagement with businesses to support balanced growth across the North
- the role of infrastructure in boosting growth and regeneration
- developing education, research, and development systems
- taking forward the Levelling Up White Paper and broader policy
Our forums are known for attracting strong interest from policymakers and stakeholders.
Overall, we expect speakers and attendees to be a senior and informed group including Members of both Houses of Parliament, senior government and regulatory officials involved in this area of policy, as well as from relevant interest and campaign groups; businesses, investors and their legal, financial and public affairs advisors; universities and research institutions; representatives from the housing, construction, transport and manufacturing industries; local enterprise partnerships; think tanks, commentators and academics, together with reporters from the national and specialist media.
This is a full-scale conference taking place online***
- full, four-hour programme including comfort breaks - you’ll also get a full recording and transcript to refer back to
- information-rich discussion involving key policymakers and stakeholders
- conference materials provided in advance, including speaker biographies
- speakers presenting via webcam, accompanied by slides if they wish, using the Cisco WebEx professional online conference platform (easy for delegates - we’ll provide full details)
- opportunities for live delegate questions and comments with all speakers
- a recording of the addresses, all slides cleared by speakers, and further materials, is made available to all delegates afterwards as a permanent record of the proceedings
- delegates are able to add their own written comments and articles following the conference, to be distributed to all attendees and more widely
- networking too - there will be opportunities for delegates to e-meet and interact - we’ll tell you how!
Full information and guidance on how to take part will be sent to delegates before the conference