Morning, Thursday, 25th June 2020
THIS EVENT IS CPD CERTIFIED
This conference focuses on priorities for supporting the improved engagement of young people in PE and sport - both in school and in community settings.
It comes with the new government’s commitments in the Queen’s Speech to helping schools make good use of their sports facilities and to promote physical literacy and competitive sport.
This timely conference is bringing together stakeholders with policy officials to examine implementation issues.
The agenda will bring out latest thinking on how to further grow engagement in sport in this age group - including how to increase inclusiveness, and develop partnerships with communities.
Delegates will also discuss the future of sports facilities in schools and look at options for improvement and refurbishment. We expect discussion on how upgrades to facilities can be funded, including the role of professional sporting bodies and options such as opening facilities after school hours.
The agenda includes a keynote contribution from Tim Hollingsworth, Chief Executive, Sport England.
Further confirmed speakers include: Heather Douglas, UK Coaching; Arun Kang, Sporting Equals; Alison Oliver, Youth Sport Trust; Nick Perchard, Premier League; Dr Tracy Vell, Health Innovation Manchester; Sue Wilkinson, Association of Physical Education; and a senior speaker confirmed from OCR.
The agenda in summary
- Enhancing access and participation to sport in schools and communities;
- Implementation of the school sport and activity action plan - curriculum time, facilities, and supporting teachers;
- School sport and Ofsted’s new inspection framework - work to support the personal development of pupils;
- Enhancing the engagement of disadvantaged pupils in sports and activities;
- Widening inclusion and participation - community engagement, diversity, and opportunities beyond the classroom; and
- Next steps for PE and sport education policy.