Morning, Tuesday, 10th March 2020
THIS EVENT IS CPD CERTIFIED
This conference will examine the future for high speed rail in the UK.
It will provide delegates the opportunity to consider:
- The implications of the independent review of the High Speed 2 project, due by the end of this year;
- The findings of the HS2 Chairman’s Stocktake - which reviewed the scope, timing, and cost efficiency of the project; and
- Next steps for Phase 2b (Crewe to Manchester and West Midlands to Leeds) and integrating high speed rail with Northern Powerhouse Rail.
There will be keynote contributions from: Lord Berkeley, Deputy Chair, Independent review of HS2; Nick Bisson, Director, HS2 Phase 2 and Northern Powerhouse Rail, Department for Transport; Maria Machancoses, Director, Midlands Connect and Tim Wood, Northern Powerhouse Rail Director, Transport for the North.
Further confirmed speakers include: Dr Mark Raiss, Engineering Director, Civil Infrastructure, AECOM; Alasdair Reisner, Chief Executive, CECA and senior speakers are confirmed from Burges Salmon, The Wildlife Trusts and Transport Focus.
- Key issues arising from the independent review of High Speed 2;
- Next steps for HS2 - route design, community engagement, and enabling additional capacity on the network;
- Addressing the practicalities of delivering high speed rail - engineering, environmental impact, and supply chain resource management;
- The future of Phase 2b - integrating into the wider transport network, supporting economic growth, and delivering cost efficient sustainable infrastructure; and
- Future direction of high speed rail in the UK.