Morning, Monday, 30th March 2020
THIS EVENT IS CPD CERTIFIED
This seminar will assess next steps for growth in the Thames Estuary.
Sessions focus on:
- Delivering the infrastructure needed to support growth in the region;
- Strengthening governance; and
- Improving collaboration between local stakeholders.
The discussion takes place in the context of the:
There will be keynote contributions from: Councillor Roger Gough, Leader, Kent County Council; Paul Kitson, Director, Markets, Partners and Places, Homes England; David Manning, Development Director, Lower Thames Crossing; Matthew Norwell, Chief Executive, Thames Gateway Kent Partnership; Anusha Shah, Director, Resilient Cities, Arcadis and Chair, Thames Estuary Partnership and Hedley Swain, Area Director, South East, Arts Council England.
- Taking forward Government’s regional priorities and implementing a unified strategic vision;
- Realising sustainable growth through the delivery of joined-up infrastructure:
- Increasing the supply of new homes, and the future role of housing deals and development corporations;
- Next steps for delivering the Lower Thames Crossing;
- Improving rail infrastructure and services in the region and connecting to Crossrail; and
- Implementing the Thames Estuary 2100 Plan and meeting environmental challenges.
- Strengthening regional governance structures and reducing barriers to growth;
- Priorities for unlocking economic growth in the Thames Estuary, and linking Local Industrial Strategies:
- Next steps for regeneration and growth across the South East;
- The future for employment and skills in the region;
- Improving the cultural offering in the estuary and supporting the development of creative businesses;
- Attracting investment, developing strategic international partnerships and improving collaboration between local stakeholders; and
- Priorities for the Estuary’s forthcoming Local Industrial Strategies.