Morning, Tuesday, 19th May 2020
THIS EVENT IS CPD CERTIFIED
This conference will consider the future development of digital payments in the UK.
Stakeholders and policymakers will discuss progress and outstanding issues in the context of a range of key regulatory developments, including:
- the Revised Payment Services Directive (PSD2) and the supplementary Regulatory Technical Standards, which entered into force in September of 2019;
- Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) provisions of the directive, undergoing phased implementation;
- Open Banking rollout;
- the UK’s New Payments Architecture for interbank payments under development; and
- the Confirmation of Payee system deployment.
There will be keynote contributions from:
- Maha El Dimachki, Head of Payments Department, Financial Conduct Authority;
- Tony Craddock, Director General, Emerging Payments Association;
- Imran Gulamhuseinwala, Trustee, Open Banking Implementation Entity; and
- Natalie Ceeney CBE, Chair, Access to Cash Review and Chair, Innovate Finance.
At this early stage, further speakers include Robert Courtneidge, Chief Executive Officer, Moorwand.
- Assessing the UK’s emerging payments landscape and responding to the key challenges facing the sector;
- Key regulatory priorities for the UK’s payments sector;
- New Payments Architecture - designing and implementing the UK’s future system for interbank payments;
- Payments in the cashless society - what is needed to ensure that the growth in digital payment services does not disenfranchise cash-dependent consumers;
- Consumer priorities in the development of digital payment services - competition and choice, security and authentication, and financial inclusivity;
- What has been the impact of the ongoing implementation of Open Banking standards on competition and innovation in payment services; and
- Next steps for policymakers, regulators and industry in driving continued innovation in the UK’s payments sector.