Morning, Tuesday, 16th June 2020
THIS EVENT IS CPD CERTIFIED
***Taking Place Online***
This conference will consider next steps for developing the creative industries in the UK - with sessions focusing on priorities for research to inform decision making, funding, and fostering collaborative innovation and business development across the regions and nations.
Delegates will discuss the UK’s positioning in the global creative industries sector - including discussion around strategies for improving competitiveness and securing its place as a world leader in creative innovation, as well as priorities for:
- where research is focused, and how it can be used to address the most important challenges facing the creative sector
- the Creative Industries Clusters Programme, as it nears its halfway point
- the work of the Policy and Evidence Centre, set up to help realise the full potential of the creative industries to the economy
- making the case for further public investment as Government pursues its 2.4% of GDP R&D spending target, and redefining R&D so that the creative businesses benefits from targeted tax relief
- Where next for the UK’s creative industries;
- Growing the creative economy: examining the Creative Industries Cluster Programme so far;
- Key priorities for research - utilising latest insights and identifying knowledge gaps, widening evidence base to inform policymaking, and making the case for investment;
- Driving innovation throughout the UK - intellectual property protection, and access to talent, business development support and finance; and
- Positioning the UK at the forefront of creative innovation and sustaining sector growth - key priorities going forward.
Policy officials attending
Our forums are known for attracting strong interest from policymakers and stake holders. Places at this one have been reserved by parliamentary pass-holders from the House of Commons, and officials from the DCMS; Department for International Trade and the Intellectual Property Office.
This conference will be online***
- speakers presenting via webcam, accompanied by slides if they wish
- opportunities for delegate questions and comments
- a permanent record of the proceedings will be made available to all delegates afterwards, including a recording of the addresses, all slides that have been made available, and further materials
Full information and guidance on how to take part will be sent to delegates before the conference