Morning, Tuesday, 23rd June 2020
THIS EVENT IS CPD CERTIFIED
***Taking Place Online***
This conference will discuss key issues for agriculture policy and funding in the UK.
Areas for discussion:
- Practicalities: the Environmental Land Management (ELM) scheme, payment for public goods in areas like environmental and animal welfare standards, and support during the transition period;
- The impact of any changes on farm finance, further support that might be needed for the sector to reach net-zero emissions and sustainable practices in devolved nations;
- Farm finance and the overall payment process - what lessons can be learnt from the direct payment system under CAP;
- Monitoring and measuring environmental standards and disseminating best practice;
- The evolving regulatory landscape, food security and productivity, and options for creating a system that promotes sustainability, stewardship, and efficient and competitive farming; and
- Issues for smaller farms and those with limited adaptive capacity.
- Priorities going forward for agricultural policy and the Environmental Land Management (ELM) scheme;
- The vision for the ELM scheme: productivity, funding and local delivery;
- Practicalities of a new system - monitoring, environmental standards, external challenges, and learning from Payments by Results pilot schemes;
- Alternative approaches to the ELM scheme - the experience in Wales; and
- Implementation issues - farming regulations, food security, finance, and towards net zero emissions.
Policy officials attending
Our forums are known for attracting strong interest from policymakers and stake holders.
Particularly this one. Places have been reserved by parliamentary pass-holders from the House of Commons and officials from the BEIS; Commitee on Climate Change; Defra; Environment Agency; MHCLG and the Welsh Government.
This conference will be online***
- speakers presenting via webcam, accompanied by slides if they wish
- opportunities for delegate questions and comments
- a permanent record of the proceedings will be made available to all delegates afterwards, including a recording of the addresses, all slides that have been made available, and further materials
Full information and guidance on how to take part will be sent to delegates before the conference