Morning, Thursday, 14th May 2020
THIS EVENT IS CPD CERTIFIED
This conference will assess the next steps for affordable housing in England.
Sessions focus on:
- accelerating the delivery of new housing,
- priorities for the planning system, and
- improving the quality of homes.
It takes place in the context of:
- The Housing Secretary confirming that a new and enlarged affordable homes programme is to be brought forward by government; and
- The Planning White Paper outlined in the Queen’s Speech - which will set out government plans aimed at streamlining and speeding up the planning system.
It also comes with the Government releasing a series of policies designed to make home ownership more affordable - including:
There will be keynote contributions from: Josh Goodman, Director, Social Housing, MHCLG.
Further speakers include: Christian Brodie, Chair, South East Local Enterprise Partnership; Steve Cole, Head of Corporate Strategy, Clarion Housing Group; Paul Munday, Fund Manager, Funding Affordable Homes and Tonia Secker, Partner, Head of Affordable Housing, Trowers & Hamlins.
- Implementing a place-based approach to affordable housing delivery;
- Ensuring the infrastructure is in place to support new developments and housing as an infrastructure priority;
- Key issues for the planning system;
- Prioritising design in the planning process and the Building Better, Building Beautiful vision;
- The economics of affordable housing - maximising stock and producing high-quality homes;
- Working with public bodies to release land for development - assessing the impact of the Public Land for Housing Programme;
- The future for affordable home ownership - shared ownership and the First Homes scheme; and
- Priorities for accelerating the delivery of affordable housing - funding, quality of homes and supporting local growth.