Morning, Tuesday, 7th July 2020
THIS EVENT IS CPD CERTIFIED
This conference will discuss the priorities for developing a new wide-ranging National Food Strategy for England.
It is timed to follow the publication of the interim report in the spring and take place ahead of the publication of the final strategy expected in the winter.
“Our scope is intentionally broad. We have been asked to set out what needs to be done - across all departments of government and in society more broadly - to build a robust food system that provides good affordable food to everyone; restores the environment; maintains our countryside; brings good jobs to our communities - rural and urban; and stops making us sick.”
Henry Dimbleby, Independent Lead, National Food Strategy, speaking to the Oxford Farming Conference, January 2020.
There will be a keynote contribution from:
- Henry Dimbleby, Independent Lead, National Food Strategy; Co-founder, Leon Restaurants, and Lead non-executive director, Defra.
With further keynote contributions from:
- Stefano Agostini, Chief Executive Officer, Nestlé UK&I;
- Minette Batters, President, NFU;
- Sue Davies, Head of Consumer Protection and Food Policy, Which?;
- Professor Tim Lang, Professor of Food Policy, City University of London;
- Alison Tedstone, National Director, Diet, Nutrition and Obesity, Public Health England; and
- Ian Wright, Chief Executive, Food and Drink Federation.
- Progress on the new National Food Strategy;
- Stakeholder perspectives on the development of an overarching food strategy;
- What makes a good food system?
- Maintaining a competitive and secure food manufacturing industry;
- From farm to fork: agricultural standards and sustainable practices;
- Priorities for the retail sector: ensuring value for suppliers, customers and driving behaviour changes;
- Providing a sustainable and healthy National Food Strategy;
- Improving healthy choices within the food industry;
- A food industry perspective on the future of the supply chain and the National Food Strategy;
- Working with the natural environment to deliver a sustainable strategy; and
- Providing an efficient, affordable and safe market for consumers.