Morning, Tuesday, 28th January 2020
Royal Over-Seas League, Over-Seas House, Park Place, St James’s Street, London SW1A 1LR
THIS EVENT IS CPD CERTIFIED
This conference will be a timely opportunity to discuss the key issues for optimising the NHS estate.
It takes place in the context of the policy focus by the new government on investment in the NHS, including:
Speakers and chairs
The agenda includes keynote contributions from Sir Robert Naylor, Author, NHS Property and Estates Review; Dr Sue O’Connell, Chief Executive, Community Health Partnerships and John Westwood, Director of Asset Management, NHS Property Services.
Further speakers include: Ellen Vernon, One Public Estate, Local Government Association; Robert White, Health Value for Money Audit, National Audit Office; Claudia Martinez, Reform; Patrick Lowther, Assura; Wayne Ashton, Eric Wright Group; James Atkins, Bevan Brittan; John Cooper, John Cooper Architecture and Kerry Harding, Mid & South Essex CCGs.
The chairs are Baroness Cavendish, Columnist, Financial Times and Senior Fellow, Harvard Kennedy School and Karin Smyth MP have agreed to chair sessions at the seminar.
- Key issues and progress since the Review;
- The future for public-private partnerships;
- Optimising the NHS estate: improving utilisation, development, and disposals;
- Next steps for policy;
- Funding the estate - property disposals, the role of private finance, and the impact of additional government funding; and
- Planning and delivering infrastructure developments - regional variation, utilising technology, and estate strategies.
Westminster Health Forum conferences typically attract strong interest from policymakers. This seminar will be an opportunity for stakeholders to engage with officials who have reserved places from: the Cabinet Office; Crown Commercial Service; DHSC; HM Treasury; HSE; MHCLG; NAO; Office of Government Property and the Valuation Office Agency.