Morning, Wednesday, 13th October 2021
***Full-scale policy conference taking place online***
This conference will be an opportunity to discuss priorities for future-proofing infrastructure services across transport and housing, the delivery of major projects, and achieving the objectives set out in the London Plan following the recent Mayoral elections.
Taking place at a key moment for London’s regeneration and in the wake of COVID-19, delegates will discuss how infrastructure development in the capital dovetails with priorities for the city’s recovery from the pandemic, progress with the development of the Old Oak Common project and links with HS2, as well as the Government’s ‘Levelling Up’ agenda.
We are pleased to be able to include keynote contributions from Andrew Boff AM, Chair, Planning and Regeneration Committee, London Assembly, and Molly Strauss, Head of Infrastructure, Greater London Authority.
Our forums are known for attracting strong interest from policymakers and stakeholders. Places have been reserved by officials from BEIS and the Department for Transport. Also due to attend are representatives from the London Borough of Enfield.
Overall, we expect speakers and attendees to be a senior and informed group including Members of both Houses of Parliament, senior government and regulatory officials involved in this area of policy, as well as from business groups, council leaders, transport operators and consultancies, environmental groups, housing developers, engineering firms and architecture firms, law firms, financial service companies, resident groups and associations, charities and social enterprises, researchers in academia and higher education, together with reporters from the national and specialist media.
This is a full-scale conference taking place online***
- full, four-hour programme including comfort breaks - you’ll also get a full recording and transcript to refer back to
- information-rich discussion involving key policymakers and stakeholders
- conference materials provided in advance, including speaker biographies
- speakers presenting via webcam, accompanied by slides if they wish, using the Cisco WebEx professional online conference platform (easy for delegates - we’ll provide full details)
- opportunities for live delegate questions and comments with all speakers
- a recording of the addresses, all slides cleared by speakers, and further materials, is made available to all delegates afterwards as a permanent record of the proceedings
- delegates are able to add their own written comments and articles following the conference, to be distributed to all attendees and more widely
- networking too - there will be opportunities for delegates to e-meet and interact - we’ll tell you how!
Full information and guidance on how to take part will be sent to delegates before the conference