Morning, Tuesday, 5th May 2020
THIS EVENT IS CPD CERTIFIED
This conference will assess the key issues for NHS funding, looking at:
- Priority areas for funding and development;
- Implementing the NHS Long Term Plan and the role of different sectors; and
- Next steps for policy.
It follows the announcement in the Queen's Speech that the promise of a £33.9bn financial investment in the NHS will be enshrined in law.
The conference will be an opportunity for key stakeholders and policymakers to discuss priorities for the distribution of funding, and how this will feed into the delivery of the targets set out in the NHS Long Term Plan.
There will be a keynote contribution from Niall Dickson, Chief Executive, NHS Confederation.
Further confirmed speakers include: Professor Paul Corrigan, Management Consultant and former senior prime ministerial health policy adviser; and Karolina Gerlich, Chief Executive Officer and Founding Director, National Association of Care & Support Workers.
- Key issues for NHS funding: priorities, challenges and next steps;
- Meeting targets in the NHS Long Term Plan - funding allocations, system redesign and local variation;
- Developing new models of primary care and the role of digital first primary care and changing commissioning structures;
- Delivering high quality care, increasing productivity and reducing unwarranted variation;
- Improving integration between health and social care;
- The role of the private sector in supporting the delivery of care;
- Further areas for utilising funding to deliver savings and innovate patient care:
- Priorities for workforce: recruitment, training and retention;
- The developing role of Integrated Care Systems in service redesign;
- Realising the potential from estates and procurement;
- Utilising technology to streamline services, enhance treatment and innovate care; and
- Ensuring patients are at the centre of care.
- Next steps for ensuring the financial sustainability of the NHS.