Morning, Wednesday, 20th July 2022
This conference will examine the future for infrastructure in the UK, and next steps for the UK Infrastructure Bank and the next National Infrastructure Assessment (NIA).
It will be a timely opportunity to discuss:
- the next NIA - as well as assessing National Infrastructure Strategy implementation
- finance - the effectiveness of infrastructure funding regimes - latest thinking on attracting investment - priorities for the UK Infrastructure Bank and its recently launched Strategic Plan
- climate - building resilience - improving infrastructure readiness for net-zero
- regional inequalities - developing infrastructure to support for regional and local economic growth - addressing geographical disparities
- innovation - priorities for accelerating green infrastructure deployment - options for reducing timescales and barriers to innovation and development
We are pleased to be able to include keynote sessions with Bridget Rosewell, Commissioner, National Infrastructure Commission; Kate McGavin, Policy Director, UK Infrastructure Bank; Martin Tugwell, Chief Executive, Transport for the North; and Sophie Kempthorne, Innovation Lead - Energy Systems, Innovate UK.
The discussion is bringing together stakeholders with key policy officials who are due to attend from the DfT; Cabinet Office; CCC; DCMS; DIT; HM Treasury; Ofwat; ORR; The Scottish Government; and the Welsh Government.