Morning, Tuesday, 8th September 2020
THIS EVENT IS CPD CERTIFIED
We expect discussion on the future priorities for food regulation, what lessons can be learnt from the implementation of the Food Standards Agency’s (FSA) Regulating our Future programme - aimed at creating a more modern, flexible and responsive regulatory system - and what more can be done to support local authorities and cater to an evolving and increasingly diverse sector.
There will be keynote contributions from:
- Heather Hancock, Chair, Food Standards Agency;
- Michael Bell, Executive Director, Northern Ireland Food and Drink Association;
- Sue Davies, Chief Policy Advisor, Which?; and
- Kate Nicholls, Chief Executive, UKHospitality.
- Analysing the implementation of new regulatory systems and preparing for future trading relationship with the EU and beyond;
- Ensuring value for money in food safety and standards;
- Improving food regulation and enforcement at a local level - supporting local authorities, engaging businesses, utilising data to develop inspections and learning from best practice;
- Cross border collaboration and regulatory alignment; and
- Meeting the challenges of future regulation - maintaining an agile regulatory approach, preparing for future trading relationships and utilising technology.