Morning, Wednesday, 26th January 2022
***Full-scale policy conference taking place online***
This conference will consider policy priorities for UK fisheries - including:
- next steps for the Fisheries Act, moving on from the EU-UK Trade and Cooperation Agreement, and prospects for improving sustainability and resilience in the sector
- funding priorities for the sector, including replacing the EU European Maritime and Fisheries Fund, and the UK’s Shared Prosperity Fund
- the way forward for the Marine Management Organisation (MMO) as it supports the UK in becoming an independent coastal state.
- latest thinking on environmental practices and stewardship, and the future of Marine Protected Areas
- competition, trade and quotas, and priorities for future trade deals
Our forums are known for attracting strong interest from policymakers and stakeholders. Places have been reserved by officials from BEIS; Defra; the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office; and the Planning Inspectorate. Also due to attend are representatives from Macduff Shellfish; Marinet; North Atlantic Fishing Company; Sea Fish Industry Authority and The Crown Estate.
Overall, we expect speakers and attendees to be a senior and informed group including Members of both Houses of Parliament, senior government officials in this area of public policy, together with market and supply chain stakeholders, fishermen associations and angling clubs, environmental campaigners and conservation groups, marine scientists, the food industry, consumer groups, local government, foreign embassies, as well as researchers in academia and higher education, and reporters from the national and specialist media.
This is a full-scale conference taking place online***
- full, four-hour programme including comfort breaks - you’ll also get a full recording and transcript to refer back to
- information-rich discussion involving key policymakers and stakeholders
- conference materials provided in advance, including speaker biographies
- speakers presenting via webcam, accompanied by slides if they wish, using the Cisco WebEx professional online conference platform (easy for delegates - we’ll provide full details)
- opportunities for live delegate questions and comments with all speakers
- a recording of the addresses, all slides cleared by speakers, and further materials, is made available to all delegates afterwards as a permanent record of the proceedings
- delegates are able to add their own written comments and articles following the conference, to be distributed to all attendees and more widely
- too - there will be opportunities for delegates to e-meet and interact - we’ll tell you how!
Full information and guidance on how to take part will be sent to delegates before the conference