Morning, Tuesday, 13th September 2022
This conference focuses on next steps for the early years and childcare sector in England.
With the statutory rollout of the updated Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) from last September, delegates will assess progress with implementation and lessons learnt so far - including:
- the impact on early literacy and numeracy levels, raising attainment, and ensuring children are reception-ready
- issues and best practice for creating an holistic curriculum
Delegates will also discuss priorities for the early years workforce, including latest thinking on recruitment and retention, pay, training and CPD, workload, and the use of apprenticeships.
Further areas for discussion include:
- resources - funding ◦ the provision of support for the sector moving forward
- pressure on families - the impact of the rising cost of living ◦ supporting parents with the cost of childcare
- post-pandemic - priorities for mitigating the impact on children’s development ◦ raising standards
- mental health - tackling concerns for both children and staff
- inequalities - supporting children and families from disadvantaged backgrounds ◦ using early years education to facilitate social mobility
We are pleased to include keynote sessions with Neil Leitch, Chief Executive, Early Years Alliance; and Professor Chris Pascal, Director, Centre for Research in Early Childhood.