Morning, Thursday, 27th February 2020
THIS EVENT IS CPD CERTIFIED
This seminar will assess next steps for the Oxford-Cambridge Arc.
Delegates will discuss priorities for the transport and housing infrastructure, and what more needs to be done to drive economic growth in the region.
It is timed to:
- Assess progress in the region since the Joint Declaration of Ambition between Government and local partners - which establishes a long-term vision for housing, infrastructural developments and unlocking the Arc’s economic potential, and
- Follow the Government’s Infrastructure Strategy, due later this year.
The conference will also provide an opportunity to consider the next steps for the Arc’s four Local Industrial Strategies - for Oxfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Peterborough, Buckinghamshire and South East Midlands - that were launched this summer.
There will be keynote addresses from: Kris Krasnowski, Deputy Director, Housing Delivery, Oxford - Cambridge Arc, Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government; Bridget Rosewell, Commissioner, National Infrastructure Commission.
Further speakers include: Professor Chas Bountra, Pro-Vice Chancellor for Innovation, University of Oxford; Rob Brighouse, Chairman, East West Rail Company; Richard Harrington, Chief Executive Officer, Buckinghamshire Local Enterprise Partnership; Councillor Barry Wood, Chair, The Arc Leaders Group and a senior speaker confirmed from England’s Economic Heartland.
- Coordinating housing policy and transport decisions in the development of the Arc;
- Realising the full economic benefits of the Arc - innovation, collaboration and linking the four Local Industrial Strategies:
- Collaboration, pooling resources and spreading economic growth across the region;
- Engaging business, attracting inward investment and driving forward Local Industrial Strategies;
- Establishing the Arc as a global-leading innovation hub; and
- Attracting and developing high performing industries, investing in skills and maximising productivity.
- Priorities for housing delivery and policy;
- Developing and delivering infrastructure to unlock the Arc’s potential:
- Strategies for housing delivery - making best use of land, improving affordability and engaging communities;
- Progress of East West Rail and the challenges ahead;
- Delivering major road improvements and the future of the Expressway;
- Ensuring biodiversity net gain in new developments and priorities for species and landscape protection; and
- Engaging businesses and communities, improving connectivity and reducing barriers to growth.