Morning, Wednesday, 20th May 2020
THIS EVENT IS CPD CERTIFIED
This conference will examine the priorities for quality assurance in apprenticeship provision in England.
We expect discussion to focus on the transition from frameworks to standards, and the apprenticeship standard reviews.
Keynote contributions and case studies
We are pleased to be able to include in this seminar keynote addresses from:
- Claire Gill, Associate Director, Ofqual;
- Nikki Christie, Deputy Director, Apprenticeship Assessment and Quality, Institute for Apprenticeships; and
- Dr Chris Jones, Specialist Advisor, Further Education and Skills, Ofsted.
Further speakers sharing case studies and other particular areas of experience include:
- Effective delivery of the end-point assessments, and identifying the best form of assessment for different employers and providers, with Rohini Bhattacharya, Pearson;
- End-point assessments from an assessor perspective, with Emily Hughes, Independent End-Point Assessor; and
- Supporting employers in successfully implementing end-point assessments into their apprenticeship programmes, with Victoria Purtill, Chartered Institute of Legal Executives.
The agenda in summary:
- Priorities for the Apprenticeship programme;
- Next steps in improving the assessment of apprenticeships;
- Developing end point assessments - ensuring effective delivery, identifying the most suitable form of assessment and establishing coherent progression pathways;
- Inspection of apprenticeships and the impact of the new Education Inspection Framework;
- Meeting the new standards for apprenticeships - ensuring effective design, putting them into practice and the provision of off-site training; and
- Apprenticeship standard reviews and policy priorities for ensuring quality in apprenticeships.