Morning, Thursday, 10th May 2018
Sixty One Whitehall, London SW1A 2ET
THIS EVENT IS CPD CERTIFIED
This timely seminar assesses the next steps for universities in regional research and innovation, and priorities for delivering regional specialisation.
Delegates will also consider the potential impact of key measures from the Government’s Industrial Strategy white paper - including commitments to develop Local Industrial Strategies and to introduce a new Strength in Places Fund, designed to help local areas build on strengths identified in the Science and Innovation Audits.
Overall, areas for discussion include:
- Universities and regional innovation - the state of play in a new regulatory environment;
- Utilising the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund to deliver regional specialisms in innovation;
- The next steps for delivering intellectual property commercialisation in every region;
- Developing innovation clusters - identifying regional strengths, attracting investment and policy priorities for smart specialisation;
- Universities as drivers of regional growth - tackling barriers to university-business collaboration, increasing the number of spin-outs and introducing the Knowledge Exchange Framework; and
- The Leading Places Programme - next steps for universities in their local economies.