Morning, Thursday, 13th December 2018
THIS EVENT IS CPD CERTIFIED
This timely seminar will consider the latest developments in the monetisation of digital content including latest thinking on trends, challenges and strategies - and options for policy and industry practice in developing fair and sustainable systems of value exchange.
Planned sessions examine content monetisation as it currently stands - including strategic approaches across sectors and genres and the factors underlying them - as well as developments in collaboration and competition, and the impact on content creators, consumers and audiences.
Taking place in the context of the European Parliament’s recent vote to approve the proposed Copyright Directive as well as further policy developments in the UK and internationally, further sessions focus on the implications for platforms and publishers, and the future for value exchange and remuneration for creators and IP owners - as well as options for intervention.
Overall, areas for discussion include:
- Learning from the advertising-based, subscription and hybrid monetisation models being pursued across sectors and categories of content;
- Developments in policy around copyright, and data usage and protection;
- Emerging collaborative models and the future of value exchange between online platforms and creators;
- Latest thinking on regulation and policy in the UK, across Europe and more widely; and
- The particular challenges facing the news media industry, in the context of the government’s review on the sustainability of local media.