Morning, Tuesday, 13th March 2018
THIS EVENT IS CPD CERTIFIED
Bringing together stakeholders and policymakers, this seminar will be an opportunity to discuss key current and emerging issues for dentistry and oral health in England.
Delegates will consider the priorities for the full introduction of a new dental contract and the practicalities for the wider implementation of prototypes - with the Department of Health and Social Care and NHS England currently inviting practices to submit their expression of interest to become prototypes.
Overall, areas for discussion include:
- Addressing key challenges - access, service improvement and building the prevention agenda;
- Dental contract reform - prototypes, capitation and developing care pathways;
- Education and workforce development - funding, leadership and skills;
- ‘Working together, delivering change’ - progress of the Regulation of Dental Services Programme Board;
- Professional Regulation - patient protection, indemnity costs and fitness to practise;
- Improving public oral health - paediatric dentistry, tackling tooth decay and developing a collaborative approach;
- Case studies - ‘Child Smile’ - improving children’s oral health and reducing inequalities in Scotland; and
- Next steps for policy - the priorities going forward.