Morning, Wednesday, 25th April 2018
THIS EVENT IS CPD CERTIFIED
This timely seminar is bringing together policymakers with key stakeholders to assess the priorities for child protection services.
It takes place in the context of:
Key areas for discussion include:
- Implementing the Children and Social Work Act: progress so far in improving multi-agency collaborative partnerships and possible next steps in improving collaboration between safeguarding partners, ensuring sufficient provision and engaging in joint targeted area inspections;
- The Centre of Expertise on Child Sexual Exploitation: challenges ahead for this new organisation in tackling child sexual abuse, and further steps that might be taken using the funding provided by the Home Office;
- Online safety: opportunities for enhancing protection for children online - including the future responsibilities for internet service providers;
- Schools: what further support and training might be needed to support schools in meeting their responsibilities and identifying those children at risk of abuse; and
- The judicial process: priorities for improving the system to ensure victims are fully supported.