Morning, Tuesday, 4th December 2018
THIS EVENT IS CPD CERTIFIED
This timely seminar will bring together key policymakers and stakeholders to discuss the next steps in the UK’s AI policy.
It follows publication of the AI Sector Deal, which sets out the Government’s ambition for the UK to be a world leader on AI and details plans for investment in skills, infrastructure, research, new finance for start-ups and scale-ups, and support for creating ‘clusters’ of AI-focused businesses across the country.
Overall, areas for discussion include:
- Research and innovation - opportunities and practical next steps for the Government, research councils, universities and businesses collaboration;
- Infrastructure - developing data infrastructure, the Government’s proposals for ‘Data Trusts’, and 5G, fibre broadband and shared access to ‘supercomputer’ facilities;
- Investment - priorities for business and the Government in encouraging private patient capital and other forms of support for start-ups and AI clusters;
- Ethics - latest thinking on designing and regulating a fit-for-purpose ethical framework for the use of AI and the data upon which it relies; and
- Skills - the likely impact of the new AI Masters programmes and AI Centres for Doctoral Training, emanating from the Sector Deal, and preparing the current and future workforce for an increasingly-automated world.