This seminar will consider key issues for the future of UK FinTech.
Discussion will focus on:
- How regulation is responding to new innovative financial products, platforms, and models; and
- Priorities for the growth of the FinTech sector and the direction of policy for the new government.
The conference takes place at a key juncture for the sector, with the UK beginning trade talks with the EU, and the new government's aims to support UK FinTech and Financial Services.
The regulatory response to innovation in financial services
The seminar also takes place as the FCA conducts work to seek to ensure that the regulatory framework can keep pace with developments - and warns that more resources are needed to adapt regulation to address concerns around the increasing use of AI, big data, and crypto-assets.
We expect discussion on FCA initiatives in this area, including:
We are pleased to include a keynote address from: Charlotte Crosswell, Chief Executive Officer, Innovate Finance, with an industry perspective on the future for FinTech.
Further confirmed speakers include: Dr Iwa Salami, University of East London; Professor Carol Alexander, University of Sussex; Tom Bull, EY; Kevin Chong, Investec; Samir Dahmani, Suade Labs; Jacqui Hatfield, Orrick; Ed Leon Klinger, Flock; Wanda Goldwag, Financial Services Consumer Panel.
- Adapting the UK's regulatory regime to respond to the latest innovation in financial services;
- The future for FinTech - an industry perspective;
- Supporting the growth of UK FinTech domestically and internationally;
- Regulatory priorities for FinTech - emerging technologies, compliance and consumer protection; and
- The future development of FinTech - skills, investment and regional expansion.
Engagement with policy officials at this conference
Westminster Business Forum conferences typically attract strong interest from policymakers. This seminar will be an opportunity for stakeholders to engage with officials who have reserved places representing: HM Treasury; BEIS; British Business Bank; HMRC; DIT; the Office of the Complaints Commissioner; and the Welsh Government.
Price: £95 PLUS VAT
Format: DOWNLOADABLE PDF