Morning, Wednesday, 4th December 2019
Glaziers Hall, 9 Montague Close, London SE1 9DD
THIS EVENT IS CPD CERTIFIED
This seminar will assess the future of the life sciences sector in the UK and progress in delivering the Life Sciences Industrial Strategy and the Life Sciences Sector Deal 2 - looking at investment, innovation and the next steps for policy.
- Professor Richard Barker, Chief Executive, Health Innovation Network;
- Dr Amanda Begley, Director, Innovation and Implementation, UCLPartners; National Director, NHS Innovation Accelerator and Director, Strategy and Partnerships, DATA-CAN, Health Data Research UK Hub for Cancer;
- Professor Carole Longson, Chief Scientific Officer, ABPI;
- Professor Sir Robert Lechler, President, The Academy of Medical Sciences; and
- Dr Liz Mear, Chief Executive, The Innovation Agency.
- The Life Sciences Industrial Strategy - progress in delivery;
- The Life Sciences Sector Deal 2: investment and infrastructure, patient engagement, and meeting the Industrial Strategy Grand Challenges;
- The life sciences sector in the North of England and the role of Academic Health Science Networks;
- Developing partnerships - industry, the NHS, charities, and universities;
- Opportunities for utilising data to support innovation in patient care;
- Supporting the life sciences sector in the UK - challenges and opportunities;
- The role of the NHS in developing collaborations to deliver the NHS Long Term Plan; and
- Ensuring the uptake and adoption of innovations in the NHS.
Westminster Health Forum conferences typically attract strong interest from policymakers. This seminar will be an opportunity for stakeholders to engage with officials who have reserved places representing: BEIS; DHSC; DIT; HM Treasury; Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency; MHRA; Office for Life Sciences; The Scottish Government and The Welsh Government.