Morning, Tuesday, 28th April 2020
THIS EVENT IS CPD CERTIFIED
This conference will consider the way forward for developing and investing in fibre network infrastructure in the UK.
It takes place in the context of:
There will be keynote contributions from:
- David Clarkson, Group Director, Competition, Ofcom
- Colin Cook, Director, Digital, Scottish Government
- James Heath, Director, Digital Infrastructure, DCMS
Further speakers include: Alex Blowers, CityFibre; Catherine Colloms, Openreach; Emily Clark, BT and David Rodman, Virgin Media.
The agenda and keynote contributions
- Competition and regulation in future network rollout - key aims of the Market Review;
- The impact of the quality of UK digital infrastructure on future economic performance;
- Developing fibre and gigabit-capable networks in the UK - incentivising investment, infrastructure access and achieving greater competition;
- The devolved perspective - addressing the challenges of achieving widespread high-speed network coverage in Scotland;
- What more is needed from local and national planning frameworks to support the rollout of fibre networks; and
- Government policy priorities for the UK’s digital infrastructure - investment, coverage obligations and new legislation.