Do you want to kick start your career?
Westminster Forum Projects is a market leader in organising senior-level seminars on public policy in media, telecoms, education, nutrition, health, energy, transport, the environment and many other areas.
Due to the growth within the organisation we’re currently recruiting for an IT Development and Support Assistant to join the team based in Bracknell and work on IT systems and provide technical support.
Reporting into the Head of Operations, the successful candidate for the role of IT Development and Support Assistant will have the following duties and responsibilities:
Primarily support the IT department with development tasks including but not exclusively:
- Primary support of our internal CRM systems;
- Development of internal business applications;
- External website, intranet and management reporting system development; and
- Suggesting and designing new processes.
General 1st line and 2nd line support to the company including but not exclusively:
- Assigning work and recording work of the IT Support Assistant;
- Overseeing maintenance of all IT systems;
- General IT support to all staff including solving problems and fixing PC related issues;
- Liaison with third-party support companies; and
- PowerPoints - including managing these at events and checking correct equipment is present.
The successful candidate for the role of IT Development and Support Assistant will have gained the following skills and experience:
- A good knowledge of PHP, MySQL(or SQL), Bootstrap;
- An understanding of web development (HTML, CSS) is an advantage;
- The ability to troubleshoot a variety of IT-related issues and resolve user issues;
- A positive "can do" attitude and flexibility in taking on a broad range of IT responsibilities and tasks at short notice;
- The ability to quickly learn new operating procedures and maintain established systems; and
- The ability to perform a variety of general administrative tasks on Microsoft products.
This is an ideal role for someone looking for a career within a growing organisation with a keen interest in IT support that has some experience working within the industry. The company is highly focused on employee development and for the right person can offer a great career path. The role is full time, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm with an hour for lunch based at our friendly offices in Bracknell, Berkshire. We are located right next to Bracknell train station along with having excellent road links with free onsite parking. There may also be occasional travel to Westminster.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter indicating current salary and why you believe you would be suitable for the role - email@example.com