Help produce conferences on key policy issues in environment and sustainability that help move forward thinking for legislators, government and regulators including the Ofgem, Ofwat, CCC and the Environment Agency.
Please see our website for further details on currently publicised future conferences being organised by the Westminster Energy, Environment & Transport Forum.
- Constructive, inclusive, challenging and strictly impartial
- Important occasions for policymakers in governments, parliaments and assemblies, as well as businesses, charity and action groups, professional organisations, academics, and others that are interested in or affected by the issues
- Making a career in a demanding but very rewarding environment - in a company that is commercially focused and growing, but with a strong ethical heart
- Researching issues, emerging trends, possible speakers and contacts across the policy landscape to a brief
- Helping make sure conferences are as up-to-date, relevant and inclusive as possible, with no interested parties left out of discussing important developments
- Drafting agendas, invitations to delegates and speakers, and text for our website
- Liaising with speakers and Parliamentary chairs
- Attending and contributing to the smooth operation of our seminars and receptions - online, in Westminster and elsewhere in the UK.
What we’re looking for:
- Solid work experience - in policy, conference production, journalism, public affairs or similar fields
- Quick learners - interested in the policy process and with a specific focus on business and finance - able to hit the ground running
- Insightful thinkers, with creativity and a knack for seeing opportunities for discussion - as well as being keen followers of news and current events
- Clear, stylish, accurate writing - and great overall communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time management
- A can-do attitude, strong sense of responsibility, and natural willingness to help colleagues
- Bright graduates - with exceptional aptitude and a professional outlook - will also be considered
There's a high degree of fast-paced multi-tasking but support from senior editorial staff and the rest of the team is always on hand.
The job comes with plenty of opportunities for career progression - people who work here are encouraged to develop, take on added responsibilities and move up in the organisation.
- Westminster Forum Projects is a market leader in organising impartial, senior-level seminars on public policy, growing consistently for more than 15 years
- Our work enjoys considerable support from legislators, government, professional bodies, industry, the third sector, and amongst interest groups
- We are currently working from home but, when more normal times resume, you will be asked to work at our lively, friendly head office -based in Bracknell, Berkshire, with convenient rail and road links
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating current salary and why you believe you would be suitable for the role.