Help produce conferences on key non constitutional policy issues in Scotland that help move forward thinking for legislators, government and regulators.
Recent conferences held by the Forum focused on: The next steps for adult social care, meeting Scotland’s skills needs and the next steps for apprenticeships, priorities for health policy in Scotland, climate change policy, education and the future of infrastructure.
Our policy conferences:
- Constructive, inclusive, challenging and strictly impartial; and
- Important occasions for policymakers in government, the Scottish parliament as well as those working in the related sectors, professional organisations, businesses, academics, and others that are interested in or affected by the issues.
- Demanding but very rewarding - in a company that is commercially focused and growing, but with a strong ethical heart;
- Part of a small busy team working on all aspects of event production;
- Following latest policy developments and news from the sector - and researching issues, emerging trends, possible speakers and contacts;
- Drafting agendas and promotional text for the seminars;
- Liaising with speakers and chairs; and
- Contributing to the smooth operation of our seminars.
What we’re looking for:
- Solid work experience - in policy, conference production, journalism or public affairs;
- Practical focus and passionate about helping achieve our mission of providing policy makers with the context to make best decisions;
- Excellent communication, organisational and time management skills - and quick to learn;
- Ability to assimilate information quickly, identify key issues from a range of stakeholder viewpoints (in line with our core proposition of impartiality); and
- Clear, stylish accurate writing;
- Knowledge of policy in Scotland
- Someone with the right to work in the UK
- WFP is a market leader in organising impartial, senior-level seminars on public policy, growing consistently for more than 15 years;
- All the company’s conferences are currently taking place online;
- Our work enjoys considerable support from legislators, government, professional bodies, industry, the third sector, and interest groups;
- Plenty of opportunities for career progression
- The role will be based at home with occasional face to face meetings
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com indicating current salary and why you believe you would be suitable for the role. Please do not apply for more than one vacancy within our organisation.